So a tough decision must now be made. The risk for severe weather remains the same as it was last night. The trouble is an unexpected line of strong thunderstorms is pushing through central Iowa at this hour. The only question now is how to tackle this. I have reservations about going after the line. No severe weather reports and a lack of dynamics in my mind should prevent it from causing any major problems in eastern Iowa. What’s more interesting to me is the setup in extreme southern Iowa. Relatively untouched this morning by precip, warmth, moisture and instability will make its way in over the next 2-5 hours. The setup will be there, the only trouble will be the trigger. The biggest concern will be the “main event” will not happen until much later tonight. While that remains a possibility we are making final preparations to hit the road. I will provide updates as best I can on here, as well as twitter.